This is a how to on how to replace the 3rd eye bulb on an 06-07 R6 for a LED bulb of some sort.
The first thing you need is the right 12v led bulb. The base is a 194/168 type. I got mine from superbrightleds.com . Here is the link:
The bulb I purchased is the second one down on that page. You can get them in all different colors if you dont want white and I ended up getting blue to match my bike. This ended up only costing me about $5.
Here are the steps you need to install them.
1) Remove both mirrors. Get a 10mm socket wrench and loosen both of the nuts circled on both mirrors.
2) Remove the 4 plastic screws as shown here. Very light pressure on the screw is needed when removing them because they are plastic you almost need to pull them out while loosening them.
3) Slide the windscreen up and out. When you do this you will see a rubber plug which you will have to remove.
4) Once the plug is removed there is a philips head screw underneath which you also will have to remove. Once that is done, the third eye should pop right out if you pull it kinda from the side. Just mess with it and you should get it, not that hard.
5) Once the eye is removed, remove the bulb and replace it with your new LED. Be sure to test the polatiry of it (meaning which side is positive and negative) by making sure the current to the 3rd eye is on and making sure the led comes on by whichever way you put it in.
6) Once the LED is in, repeat steps 5-1 in reverse order re-attaching everything.
Here is the finished product.
It will look a ton better when I get my silverstars in there. Hope this helps